Wednesday, February 19, 2014
What features do I consider essential for the iWatch?
- SMS/iMessage Notifications- The ability to send/receive SMS/iMessages after receiving a notification on the watch would be an obvious feature that I surely hope Apple wouldn't leave out.
- Siri- Having Siri would be great for looking something up when taking your phone out of your pocket just may not be ideal. It would also be the only logical way to interact with the device.
- Phone capabilities when paired with iPhone
- Apps optimized for iWatch
- "Healthbook" (some sort of native health-monitoring features would be great)
- Not tied to just the new iPhone 6 (I would hope Apple would allow it to be paired with any device running iOS 7, or at least iPhone 5 & later)
PRICE Knowing Apple's history, I would say the iWatch will cost no less than $299. I would be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong, but for a new product such as this, there's no way it'll be cheap.
LAUNCH DATE At this point, there is obviously no solid launch date info given Apple's highly secretive nature. I would predict it's entirely possible we could get our first glimpse at the device during WWDC in June, with an actual release date sometime later this Fall.
I hope this gave you a better idea of what to expect from Apple's highly-anticipated iWatch! Stay tuned for more posts in the coming months as we get closer to a possible announcement from Apple.
Thanks for reading!
TechTalk with TJ